A wide and bright smile tends to catch the attention of others quickly. People who have white and shiny teeth smile more often than the others. It is a sign of confidence and pleasant nature.
However, there are several people who don’t feel comfortable enough to smile because they have discolored or stained teeth.
Even if you have the confidence to smile it tends to be dull when you have teeth discoloration.
Dr. Nathan Dustin from Columbia River Destiny (https://columbiariverdentistry.com/locations/vancouver-1/) says that people who have their teeth whitened will smile more frequently, as well as have better personal and professional interactions.
Today, you get several kinds of tooth whitening products over the counter. Many people are more than happy to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on such products so that they get a more attractive smile.
The results, however, may not be as satisfying as you expected as that depends on several factors. To get a healthy and white smile in the safest way possible it is better to get it done with the help of a dentist.
You don’t have the knowledge or expertise to remove stains from your teeth and to decide the shade of white that would match perfectly for your smile.
Different Methods Of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening procedure is done by applying carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide that acts as bleach on the surface of the teeth. This removes the stains on the teeth giving it a bright and shinier appearance.
- Using a stain removal toothpaste is the most simple and easiest method. However, the whitening results may not be up to your expectation
- Treatment at home with the help of a dentist. The treatment takes place in several sessions
- Self-treatment using over the counter whitening pastes and creams. The results may vary from your expectations and cannot be guaranteed.
- Bleaching your teeth at a professional dental clinic. The results are more impressive and last longer.
Benefits Of Professional Teeth Whitening Services
There are several benefits attached to getting your teeth whitened professionally.
- Guaranteed and reliable results
- Whiter and stronger teeth
- Guaranteed removal of stains
- Quick procedure
- Treatments can be customized
- You can choose a shade
- Treatment is safe and comfortable
- Results are long-lasting
- The smile is brighter and attractive
- Increased level of confidence and self-esteem
- You look well groomed
- Smiling often releases the feel-good hormone endorphins which makes you happier
- More cost-effective than relying on the over the counter products since you may have to try different methods and products when you don’t get the desired results
Researches also show that having a bright smile guarantees you better success professionally and financially
Caring For Your Teeth Post The Whitening Procedure
Some of the important things to keep in mind are the following:
- Do not smoke or chew tobacco
- Mouthwashes and toothpaste that are colored need to be avoided
- Do not drink coffee, tea, fruit juices or alcoholic drinks that could leave a stain
- Avoid foods that could leave stains like fruits, sauces or chocolates
You need to be extra careful during the first twenty-four hours after the whitening procedure. This determines how long the results would last.